In the 5th chapter of Matthew’s Gospel we hear Jesus say “Rejoice and be Glad” just after reciting the Beatitudes. Some people find this to be a difficult expression, given that the Beatitudes are about mourning, being meek, merciful and persecuted. So how and why would one rejoice? The answer comes in the ability to look beyond the here and now. The ability to embrace a relationship with our Good and Gracious God, and a Faith which speaks of greater things to come.
Themed weekend retreats are open to all men & women in the diocese.
These retreats begin with dinner at 6:30 pm on Friday evening and end with lunch on Sunday.
- St. Francis, St Philip, St. William, St. Brigid Men - Feb 1 - Feb 3 - All Day
- Holy Spirit Men and Women's Retreat - Mar 15 - Mar 17 - All Day
- St. John, St. Francis, St. Philip Women - Mar 22 - Mar 24 - All Day
- St. Ann, Nativity, Cathedral Women - Apr 5 - Apr 7 - All Day
- Women's Silent Retreat - Aug 9 - Aug 11 - All Day